Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Knitting with Winny

[CLT::: "Bear With You" - Trip Lee ft. Tedashii]
Though the temperature warm and humid, there is still a use for knitting here in wonderful Ghana. So far, I've just made a few pot-holders for some people, but I'm hoping to expand into making hats soon. My roommate was the first recipient of a UT-orange pot-holder which she sets her rice cooker on. She was interested in knitting, and asked me to show her how. She wants to make a little blanket covering for her friends who are expecting their first child. So I got her some shish-kebab sticks at the Night Market, and she picked out some pink and purple yarn to use. She doesn't know if it's a girl or boy yet, but hopefully a girl! Anyways, I started teaching her one night, but Winny was too tired to get too far. The next morning as soon as I woke up the next morning, she had the kebabs in hand asking me if she was doing it right. I'm glad she's as excited about knitting as me (and Danielle)!

2 Comments:

Blogger Danielle DeVault said...

Yay for knitting in Africa. It will soon be a global phenomenon!!

12:52 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Amanda pls tk this pix off. At least tk my face off pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

11:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home