Saturday, March 12, 2011

Roomie!

[CLT::: "Soon" - Hillsong United]
My roommate is Winifred Boalemere Wadie, and she is super cool. She’s a Ghanaian in her 4th and final year here studying Nutrition and Food Science. She’s not too loud, but she’s really friendly and will joke around with me. She teases me about how much I eat, and I tease her about her crazy sleep schedule. Winny is the first roommate I’ve actually shared a room with, and God blessed me with a wonderful one. It's different, but it definitely teaches you patience and consideration for others. We don’t worry about whose stuff is whose or who is cleaning when; we can share our food and stuff and we clean whenever. She even taught me how to cook joloff rice and chicken, and she shares her stew and red-red with me. I’ve shared quesadillas with salsa and spaghetti with fried yams with her. She goes to the Catholic Church on campus, and she asked to read my John Piper book Fifty Reasons Why Jesus Came to Die. I thank God for such a great roommate and that we have a friendship that lasts more than the semester!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home