Wednesday, September 26, 2012

All I have is Christ

September 26,2012 Diane All I have is Christ If you had not loved me first I would refuse you still. You looked upon my helpless state and lead me to the Cross You suffered in my place. This trip has been Amazing and Fantastic!! I have been teaching phonics and bible lessons to kids ages 3-9 this is not at all out of my comfort zone. (lol) The bible lessons have been on Gen. 1:1, Jn 1:1, Exodus 3:14, Jn 8:12, Isaiah 48:11, Psalm 115;1 showing the kids that God is the Light in this dark world and He is the One who gets all the Glory. Also, we have been leading a bible study with the women at GMI. We are going through 1Jn learning how we are to walk if we are in Christ.

Now switching gears to share with you what I have been learning. The mornings and evenings by C.H Sperugon has encouraged me each m & e because it has been rigt on with the scriptures and everything we have experienced. I have been studying through Psalms, and it has been Amazing. God has showed me over and over that He is the Light in the darkness. Psalm 27:1-14 "The Lord is my Light and My Salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? He is my rock and my fortress!" Psalm 31. He prepared me as we went to Villages D & N with scriptures Psalm 43:1-5 and Psalm 46:11 God is our refuge and strength a very present help in trouble: vs. 10 “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.” God showed me that He was in control and their is nothing to fear. John 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. I have also been reading the book by John Piper: A Holy Ambition and listening to a sermon by him on Doing Missions when Dying is Gain. He talks about 1.Teaching that His Promise is sure (God) 2. The Price is Suffering 3. The Prize is Satisfying (This is a must listen toooo!!! LoL ). Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. So in a small nutshell thats what I have been doing and learning. The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever. Isaiah 40:8 In Christ Alone, Di

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

There is something about being out of your "comfort zone" that pushes us to God. One reason I love to hike - fear of the unknown pushes us to God. When you are in completely new territory - Ghana - it must be unnerving not to know the proper cultural habits everyone expects or your habits may offend and send unintended bad meanings to the people. We must trust in God as sovereign Lord that He put you here, He directs the events and people placed in your path for a reason, to glorify His Son or to witness to the truth of His light. Praying for you ladies. Mr. R

8:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home